Activity Specialist / Instructor
- Job Title: Activity Specialist
- FLSA classification: Non-exempt
- Reports to: New BraunFit Gym Manager
- Position type: As needed, Hourly
- Department: New BraunFit Gym
- Date of last revision: 06/02/2016
- Supervisory responsibility: None
- Expected hour of work: Varies
Instructs fitness classes as part of the Gym programming. Conducts structured activities/classes and monitors members participating.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and react positively changing circumstances.
- Strong interest in fitness and customer service.
Required/preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education, Fitness or related field preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with fitness instruction techniques and programming. Fitness Certification preferred.
Working condition and physical requirements:
- Sit, walk, twist, reach, bend, stoop, and stretch throughout the day.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Push, pull and lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
- Adheres to the McKenna Foundation’s rules of conduct listed in policy # 1027.
- Instruct a variety of fitness classes for various age groups.
- Develop fitness instructional plans and make adjustments as needed to ensure quality programs are offered at all times.
- Keep Gym Coordinator informed of latest trends in wellness programs and make recommendations for new programs or program changes, if needed.
- Serve as a customer service point of contact to assist gym members and guests, always being well informed on all current programming being offered.
- In addition to essential functions listed, performs others duties as assigned.
I hereby acknowledge receipt of and agree and abide by the above job description, which covers the position for which I am employed at McKenna Health Management.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with attached job application.
download job description